Online Manage Meetings and Minute Taking
Business meetings take time. Therefore, it is important to understand the purpose, objectives, hold effective meetings. It is imperative to be clear on what you want to achieve and why you are bringing together the group of people who have been invited to attend the meeting.
Primary purposes for a meeting are:
- Communication and consultation (giving or receiving information, feedback, opinions and ideas)
- Issue resolution
- Deciding plan of action.
What is a meeting?
A meeting is a gathering of two or more people that has been convened for the purpose of achieving a common goal through verbal interaction, such as sharing information or reaching agreement. Meetings may occur face-to-face, virtually, telephone conference call or through skyped conference call.
Why do we take meeting minutes?
We keep minutes or notes of meetings because human memory is unreliable. It is important for minute-writers to think through:
- Why the record is needed – how it will actually be used, and
- Who needs it – because different users have different needs.
Minutes are used as:
- A legal proof or official record of policy decisions taken, possibly including details of who was associated with them
- A reminder of action to be taken or approved
- Sometimes a reminder of the reasons for the decisions and actions.
This course provides the knowledge, and information to manage meetings and taking minutes in any industry.
Duration 4-5 hours
Course Fee: $315+GST
At the completion of this course participants will achieve the knowledge to:
- Understand the importance of meetings and recorded minutes.
- Apply agreements and measures for formal and informal meetings including:
- developing and distributing agendas and papers
- identifying and inviting meeting participants
- organising and confirming meeting arrangements
- running the meeting and following up
- Organise, take part in and chair a meeting
- Record and store meeting documentation
- Effective minute taking including:
- Follow organisational policies and procedures
- How to recognise and avoid using jargon terms
- How to work with the Chairperson
- Effectively utilise tools to proficiently take accurate minutes
- Know what to do when the meetings stray from their original purpose.
- How to turn your notes from the meeting into an action-oriented minute record
- How to close the meeting loop after the meeting ends.
This course is provided in classroom or online.
This course is a nonaccredited course, upon completion of this course, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
WHS and Training Compliance Solutions provides other Online training courses such as Online Workplace Bullying and Harassment for Employees, Fatigue Management, WHS for Managers and Supervisors, and WHS Committees.
Can’t find what you are looking for, contact us. We are happy to assist you.