Mental health first aid - In house & Onsite MHFA Training Courses Brisbane, Queensland
Learn skills to assist someone suffering a mental health crisis situation at our standard mental health first aid Onsite or Inhouse training courses Brisbane and Qqueensland. We understand that all employers across Australia, are promoting mentally healthy practices in the workplace, and support employees who are experiencing a mental illness. Mental health and wellbeing is everybody's responsibility within a workplace.
We are offering Onsite Standard Mental Health First Aid training courses in Queensland and other states in Australia.
Why train staff for Mental Health First Aid Training?
Work-related psychological injuries are becoming a main concern in Australian workplaces. Mental health claims have a negative impact on individual employees, and employers within all sectors. Each year, 7200 employees are compensated for work related psychological injuries, which is approximately 6% of workers’ compensation claims, and nearly $543 million is paid in workers’ compensation claims. During the period of 2010-11 and 2014-15, an average compensation payment per mental health claim was $24,500, and workers typical time off work was 15.3 weeks.
A psychological or physical injury such as work-related stress may lead to depression and anxiety in the long term.
This impacts the workplace as:
- high cost of workers compensation insurance,
- low productivity, and poor product quality
- high staff turnover,
- absenteeism, presenteeism, and
- business reputation – prospective contracts or prospective employees.
MHFA provides participants with the skills to recognise a mental health crisis, respond appropriately and support the individual to recover through positive health and return to work outcomes including:
- Information and knowledge on common forms of mental illnesses anxiety, affective or mood disorders, and substance use disorders.
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- Early intervention if your staff identify a psychological risk or notice a worker developing mental illness, and support the worker till they seek professional help.
- Increase the awareness in mental health illnesses.
- Destigmatise the mental health problems.
The Standard MHFA course is based on the international MHFA Guidelines. Curriculum content is evidence-based, with the input of mental health professionals, researchers and consumer advocates authored by Mental Health First Aid Australia and delivered by an accredited MHFA instructor.
Onsite Mental Health First Aid Training Course
Mental Health First Aid Course teaches how to provide initial support to adults who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis. Participants will learn all the signs and symptoms of mental health problems:
- Substance use disorder
Participants will also learn the MHFA action plan on how, what, when and where to administer mental health first aid.
This course uses evidence-based research and addresses possible crisis situations arising from these mental health problems with a practical mental health first aid response.
Crisis situations covered are suicidal thoughts and behaviours, non-suicidal self-injury, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drug use, aggressive behaviours.
2 Days (12 hours)
Contact us for group bookings, our prices for group bookings changes, depending on the number of participants, and distance we may need to travel.
Why WHS and Training Compliance Solutions?
- Our trainers are WHS professionals, who have extensive knowledge in implementing the People at Work psychosocial risk assessments, employee well-being programs, WHS/OHS Act, Regulations, Workers Compensation Acts across Australia and WHSMS.
- Our trainers will provide clear messages to your staffabout mental health illness and MHFA action plans on how, what, when and where to administer mental health first aid.
- Increase your staff’s knowledge in Mental Health illnesses.
- Help your organisation destigmatise mental health illness.
- We won’t just teach but will inspire your staff to make a difference.
Advantages of onsite MHFA training
Provided you have space and facilities available at your company premises, there are a number of benefits to holding a mental health first aid training course. It reduces administrative and logistical time and effort on scheduling various employees, thus allowing employees to remain in a risk-free environment of your office. Empower staff with knowledge and skills, adding value to your company. Lower costs, which saves your company eliminating travel, accommodation and other costs.
Investing in your staff is investing in your business. For a confidential discussion on your learning needs, please contact us on 07 5499 2406. Alternatively, please complete the "Get a Quote" form and we will contact you within 24 hours.
An onsite Mental Health First Aid training course is only applicable to groups witha minimum of 8 and a maximum of 20 students per class.
Facilities required for onsite Mental Health First Aid training:
If you would like us to come to you and train your staff, we will need access to the following facilities:
- appropriate number of tables and chairs;
- a whiteboard and/or flipchart, pens and an eraser (if required);
- a white projection screen or a suitable blank wall; and
- a quiet, comfortable training room.
Giving Back to Our Community
Work-related mental health illnesses take a huge toll on worker health and productivity, with the negative impact felt by individuals themselves, their families, and colleagues. We understand that our brave men and women of the Australian Defence Force, are exposed to a high risk of exposure to work-related mental health issues. We would like to thank you for your service, by offering a special price, Mental Health First Aid Training for veterans as well as active and ex-serving personnel and their families. Inhouse mental health first aid training available at your workplace/ offices in Brisbane, Queensland.
Mental Health First Aid is an internationally recognized training program that aims at teaching how to recognize and deal with mental illnesses arising due to different circumstances. We, at WHS & Training Compliance Solutions, help employers across Queensland with in house mental health first aid training to let their employees identify and respond to the workplace-related mental illnesses like stress, anxiety, panic attacks, trauma and depression.
Our In-house mental health first aid training course covers evidence-based research that helps staff understand mental illnesses and develop the right action plan through knowledge and skills. We are happy to provide in house training at your office in Queensland and make your workplace establish a happy and productive environment.
Contact us for a free no obligation quote, where we will discount all defence quotes to ensure you get the help you need, in time and on budget. We care about your Mental Health.