Do you ever take the time to sit down on a Monday morning and enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee? Perhaps, feel your foot as it hit the pavement on your way to work or the wind as it brushes your cheek? In this society, everything is too fast-paced. You are so busy beating deadlines, catching the bus, and multi-tasking that you lose touch with the here and now. Your mind is elsewhere wandering between the regrets of the past and the uncertainty of the future, neglecting the present in which you have more control over. You may not recognize it, but all these come at the expense of your mental health and inner peace.
A widely recommended technique to be more aware of the present is mindfulness meditation. Mindfulness meditation is a simple and low-cost exercise that requires you to observe and feel every little detail that occurs to you. It is scientifically proven to boost life satisfaction, reduce stress, and enhance mental well-being.
Mindfulness meditation training
When you take a mindfulness meditation training, you will not only be promised with a new appreciation for the things you used to neglect. You will also learn how to let things that bother you go and focus on what more you can do at the moment. If you’re wondering about the mindfulness process, here is how it usually goes:
- You sit with your eyes closed and let the chaos of the world settle for a minute.
- Focus on your breathing; how you inhale deeply from your from and release from your mouth.
- Choose a mantra to go with every exhale and repeat until you’re calm and collected.
- Carefully observe the mundane things that are present with you such as the cotton hem that tickles your neckline or your weight against the hardwood chair.
- Run your senses for a quick test. Appreciate what you feel on your skin, smell with your nose, and hear from your surroundings.
- Allow your thoughts to come and go. Don’t shed each one with judgment.
- Recognize what you’re feeling at the moment, whether you’re irritated, happy or sad.
- If you’re ready, apply all the above mentioned steps in your daily routine.
Benefits of mindfulness training
Mindfulness is not an overnight success. You need to practice every day to see long-term benefits on your mental health and well-being. If you have embedded it into your system, you’d be surprised to realize the following:
- Better control over your emotions
- Healthy coping styles against frustration and anxiety
- Higher life satisfaction
- Heightened sensory modalities
- A more positive outlook in life
- Excitement for fresh experiences
- Appreciation for the mundane things
You need much to begin with, just self-discipline and a good mentor. Did you know that you can book a mindfulness course with the best mental health training providers in Queensland?
At WHS & Training Compliance Solutions, we can offer mental health first aid training programs, along with other essential work health and safety lectures into your mental health and well-being plan. If you want to raise the quality of life in your working space, start opting for mental health first aid education today. Give us a call for inquiries. Contact 07 5499 2406.